Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Today I sit and think.

Yesterday was rainy. Not only with the weather, but with my mood. So I sat, in easy pose( the typical crossed legged, buddha looking position) and began to ponder things. I pondered life, but more importantly I contemplated death. Lately, I have realized how skewed of a view most americans have of death. Everyone thinks of death as the end of everything, or the last goodbye. But, over the course of my journey with yoga, I am battling and wrestling around with the fact that maybe in facing death, you can find life. A life that you never really knew existed. I heard in one of my favorite rap songs( yes, i love rap music) "Everyone dies, but not everyone lives." And, I find that very true. Very few people actually live. Even though we think that just breathing and going through our routine of life is living. Really that is anything but living. I find real living is full of intense, immeasurable pleasure and happiness, that honestly most of us feel guilty about if we do ever experience that in life. However, as the older I get I see- Life is so short. So, I will not feel bad about having moments or days, of intense pleasure and happiness because in the end- as cliche as it sounds- "its not the years in your life that counts, its the life in your years."

No comments:

Post a Comment